I came across this pin on Pinterest from Demelza’s World and knew that I had to recreate it somehow. The Deborah Lippmann kit I bought a few months ago matched the colors perfectly. I love how this came out, and if you’d like to learn how to get this look, read down below!
This is a pretty easy look to achieve. All you need are nail vinyls and you can achieve this look.
What you’ll need:
- Pastel nail polishes in rainbow shades (I used this set from Deborah Lippmann)
- Straught nail vinyls in a skinny and regular width
- Clean up brush and acetone
- Apply your base coat like normal.
- Paint two coats of the color you want to be the skinny stripes and french tip. For this look I painted my thumb orange, pointer yellow, middle purple, ring green and the pinky pink.
- Apply top coat and allow to dry 10 minutes. This is an important step! If you don’t apply a quick dry top coat, the nail vinyls will pull the color that’s underneath them.
- Apply the thicker nail vinyl to the tip on the nail and the skinny vinyl underneath that, leaving just a small amount of room in between. Make sure the nail vinyls are pressed down firmly.
- Paint the top color. Make sure to do one, even coat. Any more coats and the nail vinyls will goop up and you won’t have a straight line. For this look I painted my thumb green, pointer pink, middle blue, ring yellow and the pinky orange.
- Remove the nail vinyls as soon as you finish painting.
- Apply top coat.
That’s it! This look look elegant and chic and can be done in a ton of different color combinations. This would also be cool to do with glitter nail polish!
What do you think of this look? Let me know down below!