I love watching empties videos. Seeing what other people have used up and hearing the final reviews is when I feel like bloggers and YouTubers are being the most honest. Since I’ve been hoarding some empty products, I thought a empties post was most fitting. Check out my empties below!
The first empties category I have is MAC empties. I save empty MAC products for their Back to MAC program. If you bring 6 empty products, you can get a free lipstick, or if you go to a MAC store, a free eyeshadow or lipglass.
- MAC Strobe Cream: I bought this years ago and used it as a highlighting mixer for more matte foundations. I decided to use it as a straight-up moisturizer over the summer and finally used it up. While it did have enough moisture for the summer and added a nice glow, it didn’t have SPF, so I won’t be repurchasing.
- MAC Lipstick in Lovelorn: This sheer blue-based pink was one of the first MAC lipsticks I ever bought. While I love the color, it was starting to smell bad.
- MAC Fluidline in Midnight Blues: This is the most gorgeous blue eyeliner I have ever owned, but sadly it was drying out. I hope MAC brings this back!
- MAC Face and Body Foundation: I bought this foundation back in high school and while it was still working, the shade has darkened up a bit since I bought it and no amount of white mixer will make it light enough for me.
- MAC Lipglass in Nymphette: This is the first MAC lipglass I ever bought. I bought it on a recommendation from MakeupbyTiffanyD. Sadly this was going bad as well and has seen better days. In the trash it goes!
- MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in High Noon: This pencil is pretty but very dried out. I love the green-blue color, but it was time to part. Thankfully I have other pencils just like it.
The second category of empties is makeup and other goodies.
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Brunette: I raved about this in my 2015 Makeup Favorites but finished it a week later. I’ve already bought a new one.
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Light: This was too dark for me so I passed it to my sister. She finished it up and I thought I would include it anyway!
- OPI Avojuice in Mango: This stuff smells amazing! While it looks like there is still product in there, after a while the moisturizer doesn’t come out. I recommend this for light moisturizing.
- Sweet Baby by Donna Nail Oil in Fresh Apple: I’ve tried many other nail oils but this (at least up to the point of me taking these photos) is hands down my favorite nail oil. Super moisturizing, seals my peeled nails and makes them strong. I love the rollerball packaging of this, too. I would order more, but it seems as if this shop isn’t keeping much in stock.
- Fortune Cookie Soap Sea Salt Scrub in the Boy Who Never Grew Up: This scrub was a part of the summer 2015 FCS Box. I love this smell (I bought it in many other products,) but the scrub was just OK. I prefer sugar scrubs.
The last category of empties are my LUSH pots. LUSH has a program where if you bring in 5 empty pots, you receive a free Fresh Face Mask. I have enough here for 2, but my store is always sold out of them. I need to find out when they restock so that I can get my free masks!
- LUSH Helping Hands Hand Cream: Again, this was my sister’s, but from what she told me this stuff was really moisturizing for winter-cracked hands.
- LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser: This scrub was AWESOME. It was soft enough to use every day and never irritated my skin. I even used this as a body scrub and it worked out well for that, too.
- LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask: As you can see, I have three of these. This is my favorite face mask that LUSH makes. It’s moisturizing and calming and that’s what I need!
- LUSH Celestial Facial Moisturizer: I’ve gone through many pots of these. I used this as a night cream. It made my face feel so soft and when I woke up in the morning my dry patches were gone. When I’m done with my current nightly moisturizer I may go back to this one.
- LUSH Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion: This chocolate smelling body lotion was incredibly moisturizing, but it made my skin sticky. I’m currently using up another pot, but I don’t think I’ll buy this again. It’s a shame because I love that 100 percent of the proceeds go to different organizations and charities that LUSH supports.
- LUSH Buche de Noel Facial Cleanser: This was limited edition for Christmas a few years back and this is what I used prior to Angels on Bare Skin. It is very similar, but smells more like cranberries.
- LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter: I love the name but disliked the product. It hydrated my cuticles for sure, but it left them sticky and my hands looked dirty after I used this. The pot also went bad before I could use up all the product.
- LUSH R&B Hair Moisturizer: When my hair was longer and I wore it wavy/curly, I used this to keep my hair hydrated. This combatted the frizz and made my hair super shiny. If you have curls I highly recommend this!
- LUSH Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner Skin Conditioner: I’ve gone through three pots of this stuff; one of the travel size and two of the large size. The Rose Jam scent is my absolute favorite from LUSH so anything with that scent is an automatic purchase by me. I used this after I shaved but mostly in the winter. My skin was so soft and smelled like Rose Jam for hours! It is expensive, but if you love this scent and are like me, then there’s no way you’re going to pass this up.
Those are my empties! I plan on doing a empties post at the end of each season. Do you hold onto empty products? What was the last product you used up? Let me know down below!