Today marks the day that the Christmas nail art begins! I started off easy with a dotticure, or a manicure that is created out of dots. I chose to do one that looks like a gradient. It’s super easy for beginners but looks really elegant. Check out a step-by-step guide below!
What you’ll need:
Gold nail polish (I used Orly Luxe.)
Red nail polish (I used Zoya Dakota.)
Green nail polish (I used OPI Jade is the New Black.)
White nail polish (I used OPI Alpine Snow.)
Dotting tools of different sizes
Tray for nail polish – yogurt lids, plastic plate, etc.
Cleanup brush and cotton pads
- Paint on the gold nail polish. Let it dry for 10 minutes.
- On the tray, put a generous amount of white, red and green nail polish.
- With the bigger dotting tool, start dotting white dots along the tip of your nail. Work your way up about 1/3 of the nail. You want the most concentration of dots around the tips of your nails and the least towards the cuticle. This is how you’ll achieve the gradient effect.
- Repeat with red then green nail polish. Try not to think of where the dots are going and don’t be afraid to have the dots overlap. The nails that are more random turn out to be the best!
- With the smaller dotting tool, start adding dots of all three colors to fill in any gaps around the tip of the nail. Leave a few single dots about half way up the nail. The different sized dots will make the gradient more interesting and complex.
- Clean up around the cuticle with a cleanup brush and acetone.
- Apply top coat and you’re done!
The cool thing about this nail art is that when it starts to chip at the edge, just add more dots. It doesn’t mess up the overall look but saves the manicure.
This nail art can be done year round with a ton of different colors. What color combination do you want to try? Let me know down below!